Swift has very limited runtime support and no meta-programming features.
I created a new tool that changes that, it’s called Sourcery
Using it offers many benefits:
- Write less repetitive code and make it easy to adhere to DRY principle.
- It allows you to create better code, one that would be hard to maintain without it, e.g. performing automatic property level difference in tests
- Limits the risk of introducing human error when refactoring.
- Sourcery doesn’t use runtime tricks, in fact, it allows you to leverage compiler, even more, creating more safety.
- Immediate feedback: Sourcery features built-in daemon support, enabling you to write your templates in real-time side-by-side with generated code.